Installing teamcity 10.0.4 on Ubuntu 14.04
Tema is powerful continuous integration out of the box. It is our build engineer. It is capable of handling any kind of build without pain.
we need java installed on our server before installing teamcity. Please follow this article to install java. Click here.
To install team of ubuntu machine please follow following steps.
- Step 1: Download teamcity in your ubuntu machine.
- Step 2 : Unzip teamcity using following command.
tar xfz TeamCity-10.0.4.tar.gz
- Step 3 : We will install teamcity in opts folder. So lets create the directory for teamcity.
sudo mkdir /opt/jetbrains ;
- Step 4: Copy teamcity files to this new created folder.
sudo mv TeamCity/ /opt/jetbrains
- Step 5: Create a user for TeamCity using following commands. It is good practice to run teamciity for seperate user.
sudo useradd teamcity
- Step 6: Assign permissions of teamcity to this user.
sudo chown -R teamcity:teamcity /opt/jetbrains/TeamCity
- Step : 7 Now we need to register teamcity to ubuntu services. Create a file teamcity in /etc/init.d with the following content:
#!/bin/sh # /etc/init.d/teamcity - startup script for teamcity export TEAMCITY_DATA_PATH="/opt/jetbrains/TeamCity/.BuildServer" export TEAMCITY_SERVER_OPTS=-Djava.awt.headless=true # Configure TeamCity for use on a headless OS. case $1 in start) start-stop-daemon --start -c teamcity --exec /opt/jetbrains/TeamCity/bin/runAll.sh start ;; stop) start-stop-daemon --start -c teamcity --exec /opt/jetbrains/TeamCity/bin/runAll.sh stop ;; esac exit 0
- Step 8 : Register the file as a startup script:
sudo chmod +x /etc/init.d/teamcity
- Start TeamCity:
sudo service teamcity start
Navigate to http://:8111 and verify that you are getting the “TeamCity First Start” page.
Click “Proceed” once.
You will get options to choose database. If you are testing this then you can use any database. If you want to use mysql then you will need driver as well.
- Stop TeamCity:
sudo service teamcity stop
Thank you. Let me know if you face any issues in comments.
Latest posts by Shankar Morwal (see all)
- Upgrade node.js version in ubuntu 14 or ubuntu 16 - May 8, 2017
- Angular 4 will be out soon, Everything you need to know - February 20, 2017
- Installing teamcity 10.0.4 on ubuntu server - January 17, 2017